Ellie Goulding Tattoo Count: 8! Check Them Out…
British singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding already has a solid collection of ink to her name, and there is a promise of more Ellie Goulding tattoos to come in the future too. “I’m going to get more,” the singer said during a 2013 interview with 99 Scenes. “I think [the tattoos I already have] are a bit small and silly.” We think even Ellie’s smallest tattoos are pretty awesome, but the pop star clearly meant what she said, because she revealed larger and much bolder ink the following year after that interview. We can wait to see what kind of artwork Ellie gets next!
Check Out Our Celebrity Inspired Temporary Tattoos!
8. Ellie Goulding’s Diamond Tattoo on Her Left Ribcage
Following a killer weekend performing as one of Coachella’s opening acts in April 2016, Ellie Goulding headed to the Shamrock Social Club in West Hollywood to get a new tattoo courtesy of the infamous Dr. Woo. Ellie’s 8th tattoo features an intricate “dot and line” piece in the shape of a diamond on her left ribcage, just below her armpit.
7. Small Skull and Crossbones Tattoo on Ellie’s Middle Finger
In an Instagram photo posted on March 30, 2015, Ellie Goulding showed off tattoo number seven: a cool image of a skull and crossbones tattoo inked on the bottom part of her right-hand middle finger. Ellie’s skull finger tattoo appears to match an identical tattoo that boyfriend and McBusted bassist Dougie Poynter had inked at the same time!
Ellie’s Large Lotus Flower Tattoo on Her Ribcage
6. Tattoo number six for Ellie Goulding was revealed on Instagram on April 18, 2014 – just one month after her Divergent-inspired collarbone tattoo – thanks to Dr. Woo of the Shamrock Social Club tattoo parlor in Los Angeles. Ellie was in California enjoying the second weekend of the Coachella festival when she reportedly had Dr. Woo ink an intricate black and white lotus flower tattoo on her right ribcage. Ellie’s lotus flower tattoo is much larger and more detailed than her earlier tats, and, according to Buddhist beliefs, symbolizes fortune, enlightenment and overcoming challenges in life.
Three Blackbirds Inked on Ellie’s Collarbone
5. In March 2014, Ellie Goulding revealed another tattoo that appeared to be inspired by a film that featured a song of hers on the soundtrack – this time “Beating Heart.” The movie Divergent, which was released the very same month that Ellie debuted her tat, features Tris, a fearless lead female character (sort of like Katniss Everdeen) who has to leave her family behind to join the Dauntless faction. In the movie, Tris gets a tattoo of three blackbirds inked on her collarbone to represent her three family members, and Ellie Goulding followed suit with the very same blackbirds collarbone tattoo!
Ellie’s Cool Tibetan Mantra Wrist Tat Inked in Red
4. On her left wrist, opposite her red triangle tat, Ellie sports another red tattoo of a symbolic Tibetan mantra that reads “Om mani padme hum,” or “jewel in the lotus.” The lotus flower grows in muddy waters and rises through the muck towards the surface to bloom in the sunshine. Because of this, the lotus flower is often considered a symbol of enlightenment and rising above challenges in Buddhist practice, and is therefore also a popular tattoo design. Ellie’s Tibetan mantra tattoo was inked in November 2013, following her tough breakups from both Greg James and Skrillex.
White Arrow Tattoo on Ellie’s Index Finger
3. Ellie Goulding first planned on getting an arrow tattoo in 2011, but it wasn’t until June 2013 that she finally went under the needle and got the discreet white arrow tattoo inked on her right index finger. It was a design she always wanted, but the arrow tat holds another special meaning for her now that her track “Mirror” is featured on the soundtrack for the blockbuster film Hunger Games: Catching Fire. The lead female character in the movie, Katniss Everdeen, is a pretty bad-ass bow-and-arrow-wielding chick, and we think Ellie probably feels a bit of a connection with her.
Ellie’s Red Triangle Outline Tat on Her Wrist
2. Even though she calls it “random,” Ellie’s red triangle wrist tattoo obviously holds an important meaning for her…even if she hasn’t figured out what that is yet! According to the singer, she used to draw triangles all the time as a child, and she addressed this practice in her song “Wish I Stayed” in 2009, before actually getting an outline of the shape inked on her right wrist in October 2012. Ellie Goulding calls her triangle tattoo “personal” and “nostalgic,” and vehemently denies any connection between the ink and the Illuminati.
Small Letter “J” Tattoo Inked in White on Ellie’s Side
1. Most of Ellie Goulding’s tattoos are pretty discreet, but the tiny white “J” tattoo she has inked on her left ribcage is almost never on display. We have a feeling Ellie’s “J” ribcage tattoo was inked as a tribute to former beau Greg James, with whom Ellie split in January 2012, after the two dated for 18 months. Even though it’s been two years since the couple called it quits, Ellie says she still “absolutely adores” the Radio 1 DJ, and finds him “ridiculously funny,” which means her small “J” tattoo may be here to stay!
PopStarTats Temporary Tattoo Collections
Ellie Goulding Tattoos Timeline
PopStarTats Temporary Tattoo Sheets
Harry Styles Heart Sheet$4.99Add to cart
Justin Bieber Temporary Tattoo Bundle$11.25Add to cart
Justin Bieber Jester Sheet$4.99Add to cart
Harry Styles Mermaid Sheet$4.99Add to cart
Harry Styles Butterfly Sheet$4.99Add to cart
Justin Bieber Owl Sheet$4.99Add to cart
Justin Bieber Tattoo Sleeves$10.99Add to cart
Justin Bieber Cross Sheet$4.99Add to cart
Harry Styles Sparrow Sheet$4.99Add to cart
Miley Cyrus Dreamcatcher Sheet$4.99Add to cart
Harry Styles Skeleton Sheet$4.99Add to cart
Harry Styles Temporary Tattoo Bundle$19.99Add to cart